UPDATE June 9, 2021. Boys Club is now on a waiting list.
Registration for CMBR Kids MTB Club is opening Monday, June 7th at 7pm! The cost is $100 for a family membership and $25 for each child registered for CMBR Kids. If you have not renewed your membership, do so today and you will be first in line for registration! Registration is a two step process. Step One: Renew your family membership. Members will receive an email with a promo code that removes the $100 family membership fee during CMBR Kids registration. Step Two: Register for CMBR Kids- pay $25 per child. We can’t wait to see you out on the trails!
Chugach Mountain Bike Riders is providing a 30-day public notice of its intent to apply for an Alaska Recreational Trail Program grant for the rehabilitation and realignment of the existing 2.5k multiuse trail at Mirror Lake Park. Trail improvements will be focused nearest the main trailhead and picnic area. Public Comment or Opposition can be submitted at the methods listed above. The deadline for public comment is April 20, 2021.
We have raised $185k out of our $215k goal to build a trailhead bike park at Mirror Lake. We need to order the skills features and prefabricated jumps by MID-MARCH, so they will arrive in time for our July-August build window.
Bib pickup is 11am-1pm on Saturday Dec 26th.Please be at the start line 2 minutes before your race time.
Beginner course has been groomed, Expert loops have some ungroomed sections. Enjoy!
TEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE MERRY MASHER!
1. FAT BIKES RACE FIRST. Mirror Lake trails, though packed, are not as hard as those in town. Plus bikes are allowed but will be racing after all the fat bikes have left to minimize ruts early in the race. Please let us know ahead of time if you’re on a tire smaller than 3.6″ wide.
2. TWO OPEN CLASSES FOR AWARDS. We have medals for the top 3 finishers for each course (the Beginner/Standard 5-mile course and the Sport/Expert 7-mile course) We forgot to ask gender and age during registration, so we’ll try to figure that out on race day, but for now, it’s a two-category race.
3. EXPERTS RACE AT NOON. Sport and Beginners follow. We expect to start everyone 1 minute apart between noon and 1:30 pm.
4. COVID MEANS NO SPECTATORS. We do, however, need safety volunteers at many intersections, so shoot us an email and we’ll give you an assignment that involves cheering your loved one!
5. MASKS ON WITHIN 10 FEET. You know the drill.
6. NO GROUPS LARGER THAN 10. Be at the start 2 minutes before your assigned time, not earlier. Start order will be posted on Christmas.
7. THE EXPERT LOOP IS TECHNICAL. There is a rollable 3′ drop onto the lake. Experts should be able to launch it at high speed. There are other fun features to excite you.
8. THE BEGINNER LOOP ALSO HAS CHALLENGING CLIMBS. Not as many as the expert loop, but with this new snow you will be enjoying a good cardio workout.